Friday, March 21, 2008

Digging up the dead expecting them to dance




Had an opportunity to see Dr. Dog this week at George's Majestic Lounge in Fayetteville, AR. It was my first Dr. Dog show and I was pleased.

They opened with my favorite song, Ain't It Strange, off of 2006's EP Takers and Leavers. Throughout the show the large crowd (in spite of it being spring break in a college town) danced and sang along before they closed the set with Worst Trip off of their latest LP We All Belong. All-in-all a wonderful show and worth the 180 miles I drove to see them.

Before the show started I perused their merch table and grabbed a copy of the 7-inch featuring a Beck re-mix of their song The Girl and their popular cover of Architecture in Helsinki's Heart It Races. I have used the new USB vinyl player to create some good quality mp3s for you.

Hope you enjoy.


DrDog-7inch-SideA-The Girl-Beck Remix
DrDog-7inch-SideB-Heart It Races


And a bonus, the album version of The Girl, from We All Belong:
Dr. Dog - The Girl

No comments: